Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What GPU does the webbook VIA C7-M 1.6Ghz have?  (Read 4394 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

What GPU does the webbook VIA C7-M 1.6Ghz have?
    « on: October 11, 2008, 11:51:12 AM »
    I just bought one of these , i want to know if it can play world of warcraft on low settings , but i cant find the spec for it anywhere  :(

Anyone have any ideas?

Also is it a good laptop?

Tony:]
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: What GPU does the webbook VIA C7-M 1.6Ghz have?
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »
    Specs for what?

Also, I'm not very familiar with WoW, but aren't there like different variations of the game?

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 05:32:07 AM »
      Its in the question carbon :P

"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 10:19:38 AM »
      What's in the question ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »
        What i want to know....

The subject is the question....

What GPU does the webbook VIA C7-M 1.6Ghz  have?  :-\

Dias de verano

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
        The Elonex Webbook is a mini laptop being promoted exclusively (in the UK) by The Carphone Warehose – for 'free' with a new two-year Orange broadband account, or separately for £249 with XP and £219 with Ubuntu. It's an SCC (Small Cheap Computer). It is not a gamer's rig! It is meant for web surfing and wordprocessing. I believe it has a Via Unichrome Pro chipset which includes the GPU. I would not expect the gaming performance to be sparkling, the thing can barely play mpegs.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »
          I know it isn't a gaming rig ?

Thats exactly how i got the laptop , everything you just said i already know. I don't intend to ram games into , im asking if i can play one game , and dont give me that crap it can barley perform Mpegs : /

Dias de verano

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 12:12:01 AM »
          I know it isn't a gaming rig ?

Thats exactly how i got the laptop , everything you just said i already know. I don't intend to ram games into , im asking if i can play one game , and dont give me that crap it can barley perform Mpegs : /

With that attitude, you'll go far (I hope).

You asked what the GPU is. I told you.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 12:24:10 AM »
          it can barley perform Mpegs : /

...a little barley, a little hops, a little malt...who needs MPEGS?   ;)

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Dias de verano

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 12:45:13 AM »
          it can barley perform Mpegs : /

...a little barley, a little hops, a little malt...who needs MPEGS?   ;)

You beat me to it  :)

Bottomline:  Apart from a bit of trouble playing videos, the Webbook is a very reasonable SCC.

its performance in all areas except hard drive is sluggish.

Its not the prettiest or best performing netbook around but you can get it for free...

The sample MPEG 4 video we played under QuickTime during battery life testing was jerky, with a low frame count, so you would need to watch in a smaller window to be able to view media comfortably.

These snippets from reviews are more or less what me and my mate found when we tested the Webbook his sister got from Carphone Warehouse on an Orange deal. But since she wants it for using Open Office on trains etc to do WP and spreadsheets it doesn't matter about the rest of it.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 01:54:15 AM »
            Actually with this attitude i will get a lot further than most ,

Well at least in bar fights , if someone trys to mug me  :-*  :P

Hey you never know , i might get to try out this attuide when someone trys to mug me for my Beta Max players.

Thanks for the run down .  ::)