Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard Issues  (Read 1927 times)

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Keyboard Issues
    « on: October 15, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
    This is an incredibly strange issue I have with my keyboard.  All the keys work just fine, it responds fine in Windows, however whenever I open some games (IE: Warhammer Online, Soldat), in-game the keybindings set won't work.  my keyboard is completely unresponsive to movement in-game.  I can type messages but besides that nothing.  The only keys that appear to work are left+right shift, left+right ctrl, left+right alt, esc, enter and f12.  When I try to change the bind of a key in-game, it shows the key set as "pause" for every single key except for the working ones.  I can successfully move my character using the WASD keys only when i hold down alt or any of the other working keys.  Any idea whats going on?  it's clearly not a driver issue but something is going on........

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
      Re: Keyboard Issues
      « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:57:13 AM »
      Oh sorry forgot specs!

I've tried non-usb and usb keyboards, no dice for either.

Windows XP Pro SP2
      MSI G33M Mobo
      Pentium D 3.0 (OCed to 3.46)
      Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT
      2x1gb Patriot somethingorother, 2x1gb G.skill DDR2
      Rosewill 550w PSU

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 11:30:10 AM »
      Close IE.
      Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
      Same thing?
      Same with Firefox?

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:38:46 PM »
        Hmmm, I dunno if anyone understands the issue I'm having.  i can type fine in any program, it's in fullscreen games that the issue comes up.  Maybe reread my first post?