Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help putting a Validated Copy of windows on this PC.  (Read 3110 times)

Jason R

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Need help putting a Validated Copy of windows on this PC.
    « on: October 21, 2008, 03:31:45 PM »
    Hi my friend gave me this tower. My old one fell out of the truck when i was moving. I was fairly upset. Well I got this thing on but I noticed there is a star like icon in the tray and it says 'your system may be at risk'
    I tried loading in my XP disk but I get an error. I have never reinstalled before. I have tried looking throgh the Q&A but I am not finding what I need.
    I am not sure what to do. Please help. I am fairly sure this computer has a few viruses and such I seen Zango in the process window and My Cool Websearch somewhere. I don't want to deal with all that . I just want to get a fresh and clean comp. There is absolutlely nothing on this I want saved so that will not be an issue either. Please help and I hope I am posting in the right section.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Need help putting a Validated Copy of windows on this PC.
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »
    here is a star like icon in the tray and it says 'your system may be at risk'
    This is a warning from Windows Security Center. Normally, it means, that either firewall, or antivirus (or both) is not installed, or turned on.
    Since it's a computer from your friend, probably clean install is your best option.
    What EXACT error are you getting?
    Windows XP clean install manual: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html