Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I connected two PC's by ethernet cable -- How do I access the other's HD?  (Read 2604 times)

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Ok -- I have a desktop PC whose monitor card is fritzing out, but that isn't what I'm trying to fix. I have connected the PC I am using right now and the breaking one by ethernet cable. I want to recover some important files which I, Foolishly, did not back-up. I do not want to remove the HD from this one because it is an older model and I do not know much about the "Hard Drive" section of my PC...

Since the monitor card isn't working at all, I cannot simply plug a USB stick into my PC and copy em...

So to skip to the point "If you have two computers connected by ethernet cable, how do you have them access the others hard drive?"

Lesson Learned = Always back up important data. Lol.

Thanks in advance,
    Arti.
    " When the rich wage war its the Poor who die "
            Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

You cannot buy your friends but you can buy them pizza - AzureBlade49

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: I connected two PC's by ethernet cable -- How do I access the other's HD?
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:11:07 PM »
    Do you have a router?
    What operating systems do the two computers use?
    Why do you think your video card is bad?
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "