Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor is blank w green blinking light!!HELP  (Read 4361 times)

tnh1218

Monitor is blank w green blinking light!!HELP
« on: March 27, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »
HELP PLEASE!!

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with a friends computer. The computer, which was purchased on HSN and says "Systemax Ascent" and runs windows ME, was running properly about 2 weeks ago and when he attempted to boot up again, it had no picture on the monitor, just a blank screen with the green power light blinking. I thought maybe it was the monitor so I brought it to my house and tried it on my monitor which works but it did the same thing. I also noticed that his CD Rom drive doesn't work either which he says was also working before. I took the CD drive out of mine and put it in his and it works fine. Does someone know what could have caused these 2 problems and what I can do to get them both working? Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Tina

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Monitor is blank w green blinking light!!HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 06:52:15 AM »
Does your friend have virus protection?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Tina Hendley

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:16:10 PM »
Hi, I don't think he did. He had AOL he said which offers a firewall but no known virus protection. Please advise!!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »
Probably picked up a virus... Hard to say though... It probably killed his hard disk...

[glb]Flame[/glb]