Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer turns on but does not boot  (Read 2807 times)

zfadinglifez

Computer turns on but does not boot
« on: November 12, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »
Starting about a few weeks ago I would wake up or start my laptop computer and it would power up, but not boot anything. A simple hard boot would fix the problem.

Then last week the hard boot did not work, and I tried it multiple times. I tries letting it sit off, then sit on (i may have been too impatient) and nothing. So i took out the battery; nothing. Reseated the ram; nothing.

I did notice that when it turned on, the HD light would blink a few times and then go dark. ???

Then HP support told me to turn it off, take out the battery, hit the power swith, put the battery back, and turn it on. Like a miracle IT WORKED!!  ;D

But just 2 days later the same problem came back. I tried all the things i had done before and nothing.

This time HP had me re-install my video driver - nothing.  So I did a recovery; and it was fixed, another miracle!

A few times it restarted with no problem, i could let it fall asleep and had no problem waking it up, perfect.  ;D

Then this morning, it all came back, no matter what I did it just wouldnt boot. ???

I let it stay off for a few hours and now I am on my laptop with no problems..but i am terrified to let it sleep or shut down again because i dont think it will turn back on.

The power supply has no problems, the ram is seated correctly, and sometimes it boots just fine with no problems. So i dont know what the real problem could be, but i would really like to find out asap, i've studying to do!

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Computer is HP tx1320 us, and i bought it just over 1 year ago.

CrystalHp

Re: Computer turns on but does not boot
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »
Hi, I so have hp experience, what you will need to do is contact hp and see if you can have the notebook sent in, there is a recall on some notebooks that have a service enhancement, contact hp and see if you can send it in, if you dont have a warranty and the computer doesnt fall under the service enhancement than you will have to send the notebook into the service enhancement whitch would cost about $425.00 :-\