Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: missing MSimg 32dll /missing  (Read 3640 times)

pedro

Topic Starter

missing MSimg 32dll /missing
    « on: November 14, 2008, 06:47:12 AM »
    After installing Opera browser, each time it starts, message comes up saying Msimg 32dll is missing, please install from ME instalation disc.
    Never had Windows ME, so will it work in 98se, and where can i get it from as i don`t have disc. Do have windows 98 install disc.
    This system IBM 300 gl desktop.
    Pentium ll
    reformated/new install of win98se
    banshee graphics card.
    seems to be working fine except for this missing file. Have spotted a referance to this posted by Broni but can`t find it. any help would be much appreciated guys.

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: missing MSimg 32dll /missing
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:27:15 AM »
    search the computer for that .dll and then search the win 98 cd for it...if ya find it copy it to where ever it was supposed to be.
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

pedro

Topic Starter

Re: missing MSimg 32dll /missing
      « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 12:09:16 PM »
      I have found the MSimg 32dll in the windows system folder on the  computer. File version 5.00.1693.1  Description GDIEXT client dll
      The dll on the installation disc is exactly the same, i have copied it to a folder
      for the time being.
      Should i delete the one in the system folder, before copying the one i have saved to the system folder.
      I noted that when starting Opera browser the error message says the Msimg 32dll is missing or OUT OF DATE
      Is this maybe why opera is asking for the dll from Windows ME edition, in which case where do i get a copy as i don`t have an Me installation disc.

new update/ problem solved/just in case anyone else has the same message from the opera browser. The poor picture display was being caused by a bug in the diplay driver now reinstalled. Downloaded ME dll just in case but havn`t installed it as opera is now displaying fine.Proved that the error message was misleading, at least in this case.
      Error mesage no longer occures after checking don`t display box. i know others are having problems getting rid of this message.
      « Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:18:20 PM by pedro »