Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to access files in slave drive, was master addmi. psswrd avalible.  (Read 3129 times)

filsgood

Anybody know how to access my now 2nd HDD, here's the problem; Intel based PC took a dump (typical of emachines), built a replacement that’s now AMD base (XP SP3 would not allow for my original HDD to completely boot-up, goes to the XP option screen with no results keeps restarting, something about XP SP3 had some weird Intel only file that was real hard to access and delete, that does not allow a AMD base to start up, tried some info. w/o any results), reinstalled with another HDD and reinstalled software and my newly built PC does see and allows some access to my original HDD, witch is now a slave, but cannot retrieve my files and I even have the password (but no way input it), so can anybody HELP!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: How to access files in slave drive, was master addmi. psswrd avalible.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:51:50 AM »
but cannot retrieve my files and I even have the password (but no way input it), so can anybody HELP!
So you can see the files, but you cannot copy them over?
What is the error messag?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:58:32 AM »
From PM:
This the same message I get trying to access, but when I look for my Music/Pictures files they're just not there and/or not available; "D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator is not accessible. Access is denied."

Note: Please do not PM other members for help.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:45:47 PM »
Like to thank you so very much for your help! The Microsoft info. was enough to figure out how to fully access the files needed... Thanx again!!!
Wow, I'm getting a lot of PMs lately.

Glad it worked. ;)