Hardware > Hardware

Need help setting upIDE ribbons for hardware installation

<< < (9/9)

scadgirl007:
Once the computer started recognizing the hard drives, it showed the 40GB as the master (how it was originally).  I could get into the operating system only if the system disc was in the drive.  I'm not sure I'm going to have time to look at this all again until Monday because of today being Thanksgiving and going out of state Friday through Sunday to see a family member.  I'm going to try it with just the DVD player installed, and let you all know how it goes.

I still appreciate the responses.

Very happy Thanksgiving to you all!

patio:
Same to you....Enjoy !

scadgirl007:
Okay, here it goes...

1)  I changed the hardware setup.  40 GB HD on IDE-1 as Master, DVD-Burner on IDE-2 as Slave.
2) Setup appears to have completed, however,
3) I wasn't asked insert the drivers disc with Pro installation; I was with the Home installation.  Will this make any difference?

Thanks for all the help and support!

patio:
No.
Just re-boot and run the MBoard driver CD...
And any add-on equipment you may have such as a video card or sound card etc...
But MBoard drivers should always go first.

JJ 3000:
The first thing you should do is make sure all of your drivers loaded. Click Start then Run and type in: devmgmt.msc    Do you see any yellow question marks? If so, then you will need a driver for that device. The very next thing to do is go to Windows update and get all of the updates that are available for your machine, You will have to restart a few times but just keep going back untill it stops finding updates. Then install the anti-virus of your choice and you should be good to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version