Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I cant install adobe flash player???!!!  (Read 2901 times)

Northsoul

I cant install adobe flash player???!!!
« on: November 25, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »
well im tried many sources and i originally tried from original  site first.
downloading is no problem .
but when it comes to installing this program and only this program i get message tellin me to free 5000kb of space????
so i did that even tho i already had 220GB free
please help me? i cant watch youtube or my anime cartoons!!!and some game wont even let me play

System:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
version 2002 service pack 3

Computer:
intel pentium Dual Core 2.00GHz
2.00GB of DDR2 ram

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3142609&CatId=114
there is my computer
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:48:23 PM by Northsoul »

lostcoast

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: I cant install adobe flash player???!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 12:47:54 PM »
I am almost sure your Flash program installer is not letting you pick the drive to install to. You need to steer the installer to the drive with windows on it during install or make your windows drive C: by removing extras until it falls into place.  I know there is a way to force it to stay as C: but the method escapes me at the moment, if anyone knows this command please post it here for Northsoul.

I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »
I am almost sure your Flash program installer is not letting you pick the drive to install to. You need to steer the installer to the drive with windows on it during install or make your windows drive C: by removing extras until it falls into place.  I know there is a way to force it to stay as C: but the method escapes me at the moment, if anyone knows this command please post it here for Northsoul.

How about references for the advise you're giving here?  Northsoul said nothing about his OS drive being other than C, so why are even mentioning "make your windows drive C"? I think you're way off base in your comments and, without some references to support them, I think Northsoul should ignore them.  I don't recall a Flash Player installation ever asking what folder to install it in.  I believe it simply installs in the appropriate place for web browser plug-ins. 

lostcoast

Hopeful
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
Just to clue you in...I have been working with him in chat and he has problems with his usb ports showing up as drives causing flash to seemingly install to them giving an error that there is no space available to install even though he has 220 some gig open on his ''I'' drive(windows drive).  I have a good feeling his windows is shot since he is having multiple issues and have advised him to save needed personal files off the drive and install as new with reformat.
I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
Yeah, those private help sessions via chat can leave a bit of mystery in the forum thread, so thanks for the cluing in.