Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freeze  (Read 14830 times)

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

Computer freeze
    « on: November 27, 2008, 02:24:56 AM »
    I don't know what is going on but every so often my computer will randomly freeze up. It would sometimes completely freeze up and then i have to hold down the power button to restart. Sometimes it would freeze for 10 seconds then go back to normal for a good 2 seconds then freeze again. I went through my event log and found this. This event would repeat itself every couple of seconds sometimes 2 or 3 times in the same second.

The description for Event ID ( 5005 ) in Source ( NETw4x32 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: , Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN.

Any help would be great!

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer freeze
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 07:00:17 AM »
    that is a driver file not found and its related to the wireless connection inside of windows.

One suggestion is to use the wireless software that came with you wireless device (if you added wireless and it came with a connection/drivers disk)
    You have the option to use windows or a software program from the wireless vendor to control wireless connection.

next you have the option to download the file to fix it and hopefully continue as you have in the past. Please check this link for info on how......

http://www.runscanner.net/filelibrary/NETw4x32.sys.html
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 01:30:42 PM »
    If this is a laptop, you should go to the manufacturer web site, and download new chipset driver.

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
      Okay i updated my drivers and my computer keeps randomly freezing. I don't know what do. Any help would be great.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »
      What drivers did you download?
      Do you have any errors listed in Device Manager, regarding wireless adapter?

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »
        i updated all my drivers through the thinkvantage update managers. So far in the last couple of days no wireless errors

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 05:43:31 PM »
        I'm not familiar with "thinkvantage update managers"...
        So, this: "The description for Event ID ( 5005 ) in Source ( NETw4x32 ) cannot be found." is gone, correct?
        But the laptop still freezes?
        Any particular program you're using at that time?

Please, post some computer info:
        - processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows key, hit Pause/Break key)
        - hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 06:07:11 PM »
          Windows xp pro sp3
          Intel core 2 duo@2ghz
          2gb ram

harddrive:
          47.5 gb free
          87.5 gb TOTAL

It just freezes completely randomly sometimes i'm just going through websites or just chatting.

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »
            Here a hijackthis log maybe it'll help.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
            Scan saved at 8:08:30 PM, on 11/30/2008
            Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
            MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
            Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
            C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\S24EvMon.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\IPSSVC.EXE
            C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcPrfMgrSvc.exe
            C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
            C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
            C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
            C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
            C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\tvt_reg_monitor_svc.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrpservice.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe
            c:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\ADM\IUService.exe
            C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
            c:\WINDOWS\system32\ZuneBusEnum.exe
            C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcSvc.exe
            C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\PWMDBSVC.EXE
            c:\program files\lenovo\system update\suservice.exe
            C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Logger\logmon.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
            C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\NPDIRECT\TPFNF7SP.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\TPOSDSVC.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe
            C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
            C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\scheduler_proxy.exe
            C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\AwayTask\AwaySch.EXE
            C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\PrdCtr\LPMGR.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe
            C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\ACTray.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Zoom\TpScrex.exe
            C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\ACWLIcon.exe
            C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution\cssauth.exe
            C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
            C:\Program Files\Zune\ZuneLauncher.exe
            C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\SvcGuiHlpr.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
            C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
            C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\PrdCtr\LPMLCHK.exe
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
            C:\Program Files\Launchy\Launchy.exe
            C:\Program Files\Dropbox\dropbox.exe
            C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
            C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
            C:\Documents and Settings\Will\Desktop\HiJackThis_v202.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://lenovo.live.com
            R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
            R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
            R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://lenovo.live.com
            R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
            R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
            R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://lenovo.live.com
            R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
            R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
            R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
            R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
            R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.onlineregister.com/lenovo/?PAGE=thx&LANG=EN&CTRY=United%20States&MODL=7658CTO&PRNM=Lenovo&SRNM=L3C9327
            O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0000CC75-ACF3-4cac-A0A9-DD3868E06852} - (no file)
            O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
            O2 - BHO: Megaupload Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-C39E-35F1D2A32EC8} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~1\MEGAUP~1.DLL
            O2 - BHO: ThinkVantage Password Manager - {F040E541-A427-4CF7-85D8-75E3E0F476C5} - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution\tvtpwm_ie_com.dll
            O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
            O3 - Toolbar: Megaupload Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-C39E-35F1D2A32EC8} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~1\MEGAUP~1.DLL
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRMGRTR] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL,PwrMgrBkGndMonitor
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BLOG] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL,StartBattLog
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPFNF7] C:\Program Files\Lenovo\NPDIRECT\TPFNF7SP.exe /r
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\TPOSDSVC.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TVT Scheduler Proxy] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\scheduler_proxy.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AwaySch] C:\Program Files\Lenovo\AwayTask\AwaySch.EXE
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LPManager] C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\PrdCtr\LPMGR.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACTray] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\ACTray.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACWLIcon] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\ACWLIcon.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cssauth] "C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution\cssauth.exe" silent
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zune Launcher] "c:\Program Files\Zune\ZuneLauncher.exe"
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSQLLauncher] "C:\Program Files\ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software\launcher.exe" /startup
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EZEJMNAP] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LPMailChecker] C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\PrdCtr\LPMLCHK.exe
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
            O4 - Startup: Dropbox.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dropbox\dropbox.exe
            O4 - Global Startup: Launchy.lnk = C:\Program Files\Launchy\Launchy.exe
            O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {0045D4BC-5189-4b67-969C-83BB1906C421} - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution\tvtpwm_ie_com.dll
            O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ThinkVantage Password Manager... - {0045D4BC-5189-4b67-969C-83BB1906C421} - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution\tvtpwm_ie_com.dll
            O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
            O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
            O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
            O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
            O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
            O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
            O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1201712760562
            O16 - DPF: {67A5F8DC-1A4B-4D66-9F24-A704AD929EEE} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/sysreqlab2.cab
            O16 - DPF: {C190FF32-96D0-445F-9F60-5CF288FD3D0F} (ActiveFormX Control) - https://register.resnet.stonybrook.edu/CAT/CNICAT.cab
            O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{25635566-A4DC-46DB-85FC-08E9D2D5E128}: NameServer = 192.168.1.1
            O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
            O20 - Winlogon Notify: ACNotify - ACNotify.dll (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Ac Profile Manager Service (AcPrfMgrSvc) - Lenovo  - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcPrfMgrSvc.exe
            O23 - Service: Access Connections Main Service (AcSvc) - Lenovo  - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\AcSvc.exe
            O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
            O23 - Service: ThinkPad PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Lenovo - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
            O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
            O23 - Service: IPS Core Service (IPSSVC) - Lenovo Group Limited - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IPSSVC.EXE
            O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset  - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
            O23 - Service: Power Manager DBC Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\PWMDBSVC.EXE
            O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
            O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\S24EvMon.exe
            O23 - Service: System Update (SUService) - Lenovo Group Limited - c:\program files\lenovo\system update\suservice.exe
            O23 - Service: ThinkVantage Registry Monitor Service - Lenovo Group Limited - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\tvt_reg_monitor_svc.exe
            O23 - Service: ThinkPad HDD APS Logging Service (TPHDEXLGSVC) - Lenovo. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.exe
            O23 - Service: TSS Core Service (TSSCoreService) - IBM - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution\tvttcsd.exe
            O23 - Service: TVT Backup Protection Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrpservice.exe
            O23 - Service: TVT Backup Service - Lenovo Group Limited - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrservice.exe
            O23 - Service: TVT Scheduler - Lenovo Group Limited - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\tvtsched.exe
            O23 - Service: tvtnetwk - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\ADM\IUService.exe

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            « Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
            Megaupload is kind of gray area application, but other than that, the log is clean.

Download, and install SpeedFan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
            Post your computer temperatures:

Provide processor info (hold Windows key, and hit Pause/Break key to find out).
            « Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:37:19 PM by Broni »

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 07:16:31 PM »
              Heres the info

Broni

Mastermind
                • Computer Help Forum
              « Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 07:56:34 PM »
              It looks like ACPI temp is on higher side (63-67C).
              ACPI is a power control system which monitors many components and system functions.
              Those sensors are located on your motherboard, and if motherboard supports autoshutoff, those higher temps may cause freezing, or shut off.
              You'd have to check with your motherboard maker, what are the allowed temps there.

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »
                I think i'm just going to reformat. Thank for all the help Broni!!

Broni

Mastermind
                  • Computer Help Forum
                « Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 09:07:03 PM »
                I don't think, reformat will help here.
                I'd get a can of compressed air, and I'd clean all laptop's vents.

wwilsonxp

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 04:19:11 PM »
                  *censored* it i was hoping to avoid hearing that. I'll air it out and keep you updated.