Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Page Numbering In Microsoft Word 2007  (Read 2716 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Page Numbering In Microsoft Word 2007
    « on: December 07, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »
    I created a paper in WordPerfect in 1995.  I must now reprint the paper, and I currently have Microsoft Word 2007.  The cover page, preface and contents pages are not numbered.   The page after the contents page begins the numbering sequence in the original document as page 1.  However, when I opened the document in Word 2007, this initial page is numbered 2 at the bottom instead of 1.  All other pages are numbered 3, 4, 5, etc.  I have tried several times to correct this, including removing the page numbers, and inserting page numbers again, with the same result of the numbering sequence beginning at 2.  I could not find anything in Help which would allow me to "force" the initial page to be numbered as 1.  I no longer have WordPerfect and do not want to purchase it for this task.  Can anyone suggest a remedy?

pcsourcepoint

Beginner

• Linking For Knowledge
      Re: Page Numbering In Microsoft Word 2007
      « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:25:44 AM »
       Maybe start new using a footer and inserting field codes that relate to page numbering: Go Insert field  - Page, then Insert field - NumPages. Maybe add "of" in between them. Any additional pages should auto number...
      MP3 Free Software Downloads (My Freeware
       reviews for MP3's - Encoders, Editors, Burners, extractors, etc)

Computer Tech Links (My Tips of Internet/Blog/Computer/Software)