Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Building first computer, I get fast, high beeping/whining when I try to turn on  (Read 2195 times)

rifem

Topic Starter

I'm building my first computer and when I try to turn it on I get no signal to my monitor and a high whining noise, possibly a very fast beeping. At first I thought that maybe I had a bad PSU, but now I'm wondering if it is an error noise of some sort. Any ideas?

Specs:
    EVGA GeForce 9800 GT
    Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W
    Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

princeofdarkness

Greenhorn

• my church is not of silver and gold
      Are you sure your motherboard and your CPU are match? or maybe your BIOS setting is wrong or not match to your hardware, your explain isn't complete!

Technowarrior

Rookie

Hi

I know that these are simple checks and you might have already done them but there is no harm in starting at the beginning with the simple things!

Check that your graphics card is seated properly in the right slot and that your connections between the monitor and graphics card are good. 

Any bent pins in the cable or graphics card?

Is your monitor configured correctly.  For instance, I get a no signal report when HDMI is selected and I am running from VGA! 

Good luck

Technowarrior

You are what you do not what you say!

rifem

Topic Starter

Lol, I finally figured it out. I forgot to plug a power chord from my PSU straight into my video card. I know, dumb mistake. Thanks for your ideas though guys

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          • Experience: Experienced
          ya you always need to plug that in lol if you dont it always causes probs
          princeofdarkness
          those are compatible mabye before you post something like that you should check on newegg if they are