Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver issue with CANON scanner  (Read 4993 times)

zulu143

Driver issue with CANON scanner
« on: April 05, 2005, 12:32:26 PM »
I am trying to install the driver for a CANON N1220U scanner on a WINDOWS 2000 system with sp4.

This scanner was previouosly installed and working on this system.

I purchased a SONY monitor with an embedded 4-port USB hub  and attempted to connect the scanner thru it. The system did not recognize the hub located in the base of the monitor and when I re-connected  the scanner to the USB port on the system it would not work.

I connected the scanner to another computer and it works. I connected another USB device to the computer and it works -elliminating those hardware error possibilities.

I tried to re-install the CANON driver for the scanner. During the install the "install device wizard" overides my driver selection and tries to install a default windows driver and then the install completes but with an error at the end ;

"the installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance"

I think I could successfully install the driver if I could get the wizard to not override my selection.

Any ideas?

Thanks