Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i need help from somebody, regarding putting windows xp (2005) in MS-DOS mode  (Read 2608 times)

AcidxAnarchy

hi, i was wondering if u could help me, my lil bro's computer is hacked or something, his OS is windows xp media center edition 2005, and i read that i can completely erase his computer by restarting it in MS-DOS mode? i cannot find out where it says "restart in MS-DOS mode" option in the shut down windows dialogue box, all i really need to know is how to restart the comp in MS-DOS mode so i can erase everything, get back to me if ya can please. thank you.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Windows XP doesn't use DOS.
If you want a fresh start, you have two options:
1. Use Windows XP CD for clean install
2. Use Recovery CD to bring the computer to its original state.
NOTE. In both cases, all personal data, and installed programs will be lost.

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    hi, i was wondering if u could help me, my lil bro's computer is hacked or something

What makes you think that?

all i really need to know is how to restart the comp in MS-DOS mode so i can erase everything, get back to me if ya can please. thank you.

Why do you need to start over?
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.