Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Double Action Single Clicking Mouse  (Read 5473 times)

Starwind51

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• I have 5 points and I love to flash
    Double Action Single Clicking Mouse
    « on: December 15, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »
    When I single click my left mouse key, it does a double action.  For instance if I'm playing solitaire it will cause two rows of cards to deal instead of one, and if I want to move a card it will highlight and unhighlight it.  If I try to open a folder, it goes right through to opening the nearest file that appears on the next screen - I have other examples of double actions for a single click.  I've lowered my computer's mouse control setting to slowest, but that didn't affect it in the least.  The packaging didn't actually have a Microsoft compatible logo on it, but it picked up and installed the mouse's software as soon as I first plugged the mouse in.  Any suggestions?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Double Action Single Clicking Mouse
    « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:12:32 PM »
    Try another mouse.

Starwind51

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:14:38 AM »
      Try another mouse.

But my mouse is an exceptionally cute Pylones mouse.  It's aqua blue with gold fishies on it, and the matching mousepad is aqua blue with ocean waves on it.  I don't want another mouse!  I want this one to work!

The design is no longer available, but here's the link to see other Pylones mice:

http://www.pylones-usa.com/pylones/floor.php?search=mouse

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »
      I want this one to work!
      OK.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »
      wow that is so cute! Absolutely adorable! I just LOVE that paint job!

I've always wanted a mouse that is nothing more than a glamourized piece of plastic that came straight out of a Chinese low-wage labour factory where mums work 18 hours a day and come home being forced to feed their children contaminated milk because they can't afford cow milk and are too stressed to produce it themselves. Milk, that is. Not cow milk. I don't think Chinese women produce cow milk.

Ever thought about the kind of paint they spray on those things? I doubt they adhere to any standards set by health committees. But then again, who NEEDS health committees? It's a mouse that looks like a frog!

I WANT ONE!

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
        Did you change your mouse settings to "single-click" on accident?
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Starwind51

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 10:56:09 PM »

I've always wanted a mouse that is nothing more than a glamourized piece of plastic that came straight out of a Chinese low-wage labour factory where mums work 18 hours a day and come home being forced to feed their children contaminated milk because they can't afford cow milk and are too stressed to produce it themselves. Milk, that is. Not cow milk. I don't think Chinese women produce cow milk.

Ever thought about the kind of paint they spray on those things? I doubt they adhere to any standards set by health committees. But then again, who NEEDS health committees? It's a mouse that looks like a frog!

I WANT ONE!

I don't own any factories in China.  I didn't choose to manufacture anything in an unsafe manner.  Instead of telling me, tell it to China.  Nobody gave the American people safe work places, we had to stage our own revolutions.  They'll just have to stage theirs.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »

I WANT ONE!

I don't own any factories in China.  I didn't choose to manufacture anything in an unsafe manner.  Instead of telling me, tell it to China.  Nobody gave the American people safe work places, we had to stage our own revolutions.  They'll just have to stage theirs.

erm... what revolutions?
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Starwind51

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 10:59:33 PM »
            Did you change your mouse settings to "single-click" on accident?

I wasn't sure what you were referring to, but this time when I went to try to change the speed settings I notice a file icon and the message that said to try to open it.  This time when I changed the speed settings it seemed to take hold, so thanks, I think you did solve my problem.

Starwind51

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »

erm... what revolutions?

The actions that got us 8 hour work days/40 hour weeks, minimum wages, work place safety regulations, and things like that.

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 02:21:07 AM »
              I think they're not just aboard the Enterprise, BC!!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              « Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »

erm... what revolutions?

The actions that got us 8 hour work days/40 hour weeks, minimum wages, work place safety regulations, and things like that.

I know what you mean- but they weren't revolutions per se- revolution pretty much means overthrowing the government by force. The fact is, though; Canada, U.S, U.K, and so forth, are democracies, and are (debatably) controlled by the people by the manner of a representative government. As such, people's concerned are addressed when they become an issue; without happy people, the governments will go out of power during the next election (U.S) or vote of non-confidence (Canada- not sure about U.K).

China, on the other hand, is a dictatorship. Since the dictator has control in this situation, the only requirement of them is to keep the people thinking they are happy.

However; your use of the word revolution fits here, since that is what it would take to overthrow a dictatorship.

Starwind51

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »
                Not that I really want to argue, but here's Merriam-Webster online's definition:

2 a: a sudden, radical, or complete change b: a fundamental change in political organization ; especially : the overthrow or renunciation of one government or ruler and the substitution of another by the governed c: activity or movement designed to effect fundamental changes in the socioeconomic situation d: a fundamental change in the way of thinking about or visualizing something : a change of paradigm <the Copernican revolution> e: a changeover in use or preference especially in technology <the computer revolution> <the foreign car revolution>

Anyway, sorry to say, nothing's really changed with my mouse.  It's still double actioning everything - going through a folder and opening a file, dealing a double row of cards, making duplicate entries in the calculator... poopies!

My rank on the Enterprise is - sorry, I can't reveal that.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • BC-Programming.com
                « Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »
                that definition seems to jive with what I said. No radical change in the government was established to give the western countries what we have; in fact, we've taken them for granted essentially since our constitutions/Bill of rights were written; but they did constitute a change in the way of thinking as far as human rights were concerned, so I guess it would fall under that.

But I do know what you mean, and your right; so there is no need for us to get pedantic.

On to the mouse, however;

Now, it's been suggested to try another mouse if possible. This isn't to say you would switch and use that mouse; if it works, however, it will eliminate software issues, mostly meaning the mouse is fubar.

Now, once we can eliminate the mouse itself as the problem(IE, problem exists with backup known good mouse), we can attempt to determine what settings have been changed that are causing this behaviour.

Any Mouse-driver programs, such as Intellipoint, running?

Sounds like you've already inspected the mouse control panel dialog, so I assume you found nothing amiss.

There is one thing that could be causing it; I had a similar issue with a mouse that refused to click at all. The solution was to open it up and clean out the innards. Now it works like new! similar problems with my gamepads and the like were solved in a similar manner.

Only thing is; I've never had a Click-double scenario as you have here- my thinking says it's possible that there is just enough crud in there so that the button barely pushes the  click-button underneath- possibly causing two clicks to be detected.

Lastly; I apologize for helping to hijack your thread. the discussion was not leading in a direction that would solve your problem, and I facilitated that.