Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no red color to video display. now new video card doesnt work  (Read 5070 times)

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

no red color to video display. now new video card doesnt work
    « on: December 25, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »
    i have a emachines w3107 with amd sempron 3100 processor. it has a integrated nvidia geforce 6100 video card. a few  weeks ago i lost all of my red color to my display, i only have a bluish green tint. so i bought a sparkle geforce 6600 ,256mb ddr +DV + HDTV +TV out + CRT card and installed it in my pci-e  slot. it worked good for about a week, and then it would only put red and black blobs with what looked like tiny x's across the screen. i swapped back to my integrated card and have been using it agin. it still has the weird tint but i can see to use it.i pulled out my new card and looked things over, when i put it back in it gives the message no input signal, check video cable. i know the cable is good, because i am using it when i use the itegrated card. i figure my new card was dead so i sent it back and they sent me a new one. well it gives me the same message about no signal.does it sound like i have major problems? maybe a motherboard problem ? as i am low on funds, due to the holidays, any help or info would be greatly appreciated..........thanks

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: no red color to video display. now new video card doesnt work
    « Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 10:46:22 PM »
    I would try another monitor...if it does the same thing it's the vid card...if not it's the monitor.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 08:58:47 AM »
      i had hooked up my monitor to my laptop when i first started having these problems and everything works fine.what are the odds of a new video card going bad after a week, and then another new card being bad out of the box ?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 09:16:04 AM »
      All i can tell you is i've seen it before...

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 09:19:37 AM »
        thanks for the replys patio. i dont have an extra video card that i can try. and i hate to go buy another new one just to use to test it out. so i will have to think about which way to go with this.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 09:41:08 AM »
        Do you have a friend you can borrow one from ? ?
        I wouldn't put too much money into an eMachines myself but only you can decide that in your situation...

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »
          i am having to think about that. i got a dead tower from a friend but it only has a integrated card. i have  another friend who may have a card lying arount that i could borrow. if not, i guess i could steal the card out of my wifes comp, abd give it a try

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »
            o.k wifes card wont work. her card is for  the wrong type of slot. bout my luck. so i am going to check with my friend.

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 10:23:59 AM »
              well i couldnt catch up with my buddy.so i checked with the only computer place in town and he didnt even have a card that would fit my mobo.he said to disable my onboard and then try to reinstall my new card. but when i went in to do it, i coulnt find the onboard to disable it.  :'(

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »
                well i have tried everyone i know of that may have a video card i could try, or a comp with a pci express x16 slot.and still no luck.also i dont know if i am just not looking in the right place place or what, but i cannott find anywhere in my system where it even shows that i have  a video card installed. all that i can find is my onboard card. anyone have any ideas ?

greasemonkeyjmj

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
                  ok update time. i finally found someone with the right mobo in there system . i plugged in my video card and everything worked fine.so now i know that the new card isnt the problem.so now i am not sure which way to go.any new info would be appreciated