Internet & Networking > Web design

centre align for web pages

(1/3) > >>

tka:
Can anyone tell me how to centre-align a page, and avoid a sideways 'jump' when the scrollbar appears due to some pages being longer than others?

I have used the 100% page width and placed a centred table within, but the movement is ruining the site.

thx so much ???

dl65:
tka....what web editor are you using ?

dl65  ???

tka:
the perenial dreamweaver... but hand authoring most of the code. any ideas :-) thanks for your reply

dl65:
tka....It seems to me that the page is still centered .
It's just when the navigation bar appears......it moves things over to the left ......if you check ,I'll bet the page is centred between the left side of the monitor display and the left edge of the navigation bar .....have you tried to drag your page margins over to the right a little ?

let me know or better yet send me the site address via email and I can look at it .

dl65  ???

tka:
Hi again dl65

that's exactly what's happening! - if i drag the page window over to the right, the pages all align consistenly. But a user is unlikely to know this, and probably should not be expected to do so. Is there a fix to esnure that the page has a static centered position regardless of whether the scrollbar is present or not?

I'm afraid the page is not ftp'd anywhere yet.

thanks again for your help tka :-/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version