Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Office 2000/2003/2007 Reconfigure/Reinstall Occurances  (Read 3637 times)

Tomarkle

Topic Starter

Starter

Office 2000/2003/2007 Reconfigure/Reinstall Occurances
    « on: December 27, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
    At my wits end, This Christmas I bought my daughter a new PC, on it was Office 2007 Student, it looked different so I downloaded the 90 day trial version of 2007 Standard from Microsoft on my PC to give it a try. The first thing I noticed after installation was it began to Reconfigure/Reinstall whenever I opened up any module and it did it continually therafter. So I tried remove it and reinstall it (about 3 times), so I went online and realized that I just downloaded another bad problem from Microsoft. But to make matters worse I saw references of similar issues to Office 2000 and 2003 as well . Not to be daunted I tried reinstalling Office 2003 and 2000 numerous times the problem stuck, to me it appears to be a Vista issue (go figure). I have done everything that I can imagine, I have done everything that MS said to do including reinstalling VISTA (I even reloaded it on another newly formatted drive!). I have done everything that I can see on the net .... My only conclusion, It has to be one of the updates MS applies to VISTA.  I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit on a AMD quad core, MSI K9A2 (4GB) with 3 hard drives and 2 ATI 3870's in crossfire. I don't want to go through the whole wipe/reformat and reload again, its got to be in the registry.. Help

Tomarkle

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Office 2000/2003/2007 Reconfigure/Reinstall Occurances
      « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »
      After 3 days I have given up, I downloaded the free version of Incredimail and it worked from the get-go, I'm looking for an MS compatible Document program now..

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
      I believe openoffice is compatible with MSOffice documents- but I'm not sure.It's worth a shot.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:48:01 AM »
      This Christmas I bought my daughter a new PC, on it was Office 2007 Student, it looked different so I downloaded the 90 day trial version of 2007 Standard from Microsoft on my PC to give it a try.
      It looked different from what, earlier versions of Office?  Of course.  It's Office 2007 and it IS much different.  The familiar menu bar and toolbars of previous versions is gone.  Did you think the Standard version was going to be different in this respect from the Student and Home version?  No, they're both Office 2007.

If your daughter want Office, then the Student and Home (or is it Home and Student) version would probably a good choice among the various editions of Office 2007 that are available. 

Where do you stand now with all this installing of different versions of Office?  Do you any version installed now?

After 3 days I have given up, I downloaded the free version of Incredimail and it worked from the get-go, I'm looking for an MS compatible Document program now..
      What does this have to do with the installation of Office?   ???

Tomarkle

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:41:34 PM »
        Incredimail was to replace "Outlook", which was not working either. I finally settled on Kingsoft Office as a replacement to MS Offices Word, Excell and PP it gave me a 100 day trial. As a foot note I tried installing MS Works 2006 and it to had reinstall and reconfigure issues. Something in Vista be it security or registry has serious issues with its office apps.. I've been using their (MS) office suites since the 3.1 days. MS Lost a longtime customer 

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »
        I don't what your problem is there but I've had no problems with Office 2007 Pro in my Compaq Presario notebook PC running Vista Home Premium.  Also, the Home and Student trial version that was installed on the computer when I bought it worked fine.  MS Works was also installed on it and I had no problems with it; I've removed it since I have Office 2007. 

I have not heard of Kingsoft Office, so I don't know how it compares to MS Office.  You might also want to look at OpenOffice.org.