Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Need PSU equivalent for Allied/Apex Model AL-C350 ATX  (Read 3657 times)

johnnygtar

Topic Starter

Help! Need PSU equivalent for Allied/Apex Model AL-C350 ATX
    « on: December 31, 2008, 06:44:54 PM »
    Hello everyone,

This my first post, and I need your help!

My computer is a PC Club Enpower Sabre, model EN-SB640. (Pentium 4, 3gHz), and 4GB of memory. PSU is Allied Model AL-C350 ATX. Running XP Pro.

I'm pretty sure my power supply tanked.  When I hit the computers "on" switch, the green lights in front come on, and green LED's light up on the motherboard. The fans don't work, but when the power is switched on, they flutter for a second, then they stop.

PLEASE help this newbie find equivalent models to the Allied Model AL-C350 ATX. Or, if you think the problem might be something else, please advise me.

I'm going NUTS trying to find some, but no luck. Any help GREATLY appreciated!

Best regards,

Johnny

Trizle1

Rookie

Re: Help! Need PSU equivalent for Allied/Apex Model AL-C350 ATX
      « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
      Welcome to computer hope and happy new year. What you should be seaching for now is a casing with a power pack that comes along together that is the form factor of your motherboard. Ovie aka Trizle

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »
      Any ATX power supply of equal or greater wattage should work with your computer.

Have you tried plugging it into a different outlet?
      I had a power cord with a short in it before do this same thing. Do you have another one you can try? The power cord to your monitor should compatible. If you just want to swap the cords to rule that out as the culprit.

Any local computer shop should have power suppllies.

Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

johnnygtar

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »
        Any ATX power supply of equal or greater wattage should work with your computer.

Have you tried plugging it into a different outlet?
        I had a power cord with a short in it before do this same thing. Do you have another one you can try? The power cord to your monitor should compatible. If you just want to swap the cords to rule that out as the culprit.

Any local computer shop should have power suppllies.

Didn't work, but thanks for helping me eliminate 1 possible cause!