Internet & Networking > Web design

im a beginner please help

(1/3) > >>

fkw:
Hi, over the last year i have taught myself HTML to build a family website, now my website is almost complete and i need to put it on the web, i want a low cost host and my own domain, unfortunately there is not alot of reading material available on this and stil don't know what everything means, its all jargon to me! I need to be able for people to complete my forms, i havent used frames and i have spent ages looking for the right host, could someone please help me with my specification and to also maybe give me some good hosts that they have experienced! I probably look really stupid but would someone please help me

Joleen:
Are your forms HTML or are they PHP or CGI?  If they're basic HTML then you should be able to use one of the many free hosting systems like.. hrmm.. Yahoo I think is one, OH! Geocities is the other big one.  The free guys like to put a graphic or advertisement on your site but if you can live with that then you're cool.  If you don't have enough room on the geocities, get several accounts and have different sections of your site on their own account then just link from 'site' to 'site'.

folklore:
Regardless whether your forms are CGI, PHP or PERL, I can also provide free hosting for you.

Like Geocities/yahoo or whoever else that offers free hosting, I also require an advertisement, but I require an opening page that says - sponsored by.... and then I place NO OTHER ads on your site.

Send me a message if you're interested.

Regards,

FolkLore

fkw:

--- Quote ---Are your forms HTML or are they PHP or CGI?
--- End quote ---

you see that basically the problem, Im only really a beginnner, i taught myself, what is PHP and CGI? Basically I have built this website with HTML and have included forms, all I want is to find a decent website host that will allow me some webspace and allow my forms to be completed and returned to my email! please help, very confused!

folklore:
Okay, if you don't know what PHP, CGI or ASP are, then I am 100% sure that you are not using any of those technologies.

Did you create your page with FrontPage? If so, your forms are probably working with Frontpage extensions or some scripts that you have downloaded.

Please read my previous post about the hosting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version