Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Brother MFL-Pro Suite installation freezes  (Read 19353 times)

paul001

Topic Starter

Rookie

Brother MFL-Pro Suite installation freezes
    « on: January 12, 2009, 12:26:57 AM »
    I am trying to install the software for my Brother MFC-240C onto a relatively new Vista OS computer. I downloaded the software from the brother site and proceeded to install and it has frozen about 9/10ths of the way though. It says it is "Writing Registry information....." and yet it has now been at that point for 2 hours. Clearly something is wrong.
    Help
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 05:07:08 PM by paul001 »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Brother MFL-Pro Suite installation freezes
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 07:24:30 AM »
    Owners Manual.

It is in .pdf format so you may want to DLoad and install Foxit Reader (FREE)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

paul001

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »
      Patio,
      Thanks for the reply. However I checked the manual weeks ago and there is nothing in the manual that addresses this problem. Since then I have spoken with Brother support staff twice for over an hour each time to no avail. I have tried installing from the software CD, from a download from Brother each with no success. I have closed my firewall, removed my anti virus program ( primarily because it was a free trial which came with the computer) have waited to install a new one and closed my anti spy ware program, and closed windows guardian knowing that each of these programs can interfere with installation of some software. I have checked device manager and there are no problems listed there. None of these steps has helped.

It appears that something is stopping the Brother printer software from successfully writing to the registry. Do you have any idea what would be interfering with writing to the registry?
      Paul

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 08:01:59 AM »
      Travel to Device Manager and remove the printer.
      Travel to Add/remove programs and uninstall all instances of Brother software.
      Power down.
      Unplug the printer ( leave it unplugged until it asks you)
      Reinstall the Brother software from the CD and see what happens...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "