Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: winXP computer doesnt boot up.  (Read 2204 times)

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

winXP computer doesnt boot up.
    « on: January 12, 2009, 11:18:06 AM »
    It was okay this morning andit was working fine although very slow.  I installed an antivirus on the computer (avira) and then shut it down to restart it.  It doesnt boot up now, all I get when the computer starts is the initial windows XP splash screen with the logo and then it goes away and I have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left.  And when I shut it down again and restarted it after that, I went through the splash screen and then some windows writing showed up followed by the words "keyboard failure".  I disconnected the keyboard and it still says "Keyboard failure" when I restart.  Weird. 

I cant even get to safe mode by pressing f8.  What doI do

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: winXP computer doesnt boot up.
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »
    Is it possible that this system may have been experiencing a hardware failure that caused the performance loss and now it has reached its critical point of serious failure.

Is this keyboard a standard PS2 type or USB, and what was the nature of this system leading up to this point? How old is this computermake/model and how much ram, and did you make any hardware changes or upgrades to it recently?