Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blank Screen after sleep mode  (Read 2370 times)

carliez1819

Blank Screen after sleep mode
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »
I have a Compaq laptop, V3700 which i bought just last year, OS is Windows Vista,  I dont have a knowledge about computer troubleshooting so pls bear with me.   I use this just for surfing the internet, media files store keeping.  My question is, before, whenever i close the lid of mylaptop, it goes into sleep, no matter how many hours it is close, and when i open the lid it asks me for my password.  But now, i close the lid, it goes into sleep still, but when i open it, the screen is just blank, no activity on the screen. So i press the power button for 2 or 5 seconds to turn it off.  Then hit the power button again, then it gives me a windows error recovery message saying i didnt shut down my computer.  I always choose the "Windows start normally"  since i am not sure what other options mean, like the safemode etc.  I have already tried changing the power settiings thinking it could be the cause but it still gives me a blanck screen after opening the lid. What should i do to fix it?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.