Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

How to do it

1 (25%)
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: reload window  (Read 2897 times)

sorrylove

Topic Starter

Beginner

reload window
    « on: January 14, 2009, 06:56:10 AM »
    I want to reload the window for my laptop,however the dvd rom cant read when I put the CD in, I want to ask can I save the window to my external hard drive and use it to reload the window? And how I can do it, please help me on that! Thank you.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: reload window
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:29:15 PM »
    This is not straight forward...what Window are you referring to? Are you talking about your background image on your desktop or what....not enough info...This can be perceived as a million different issues..  :-\

Dias de verano

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »
    I think it's fairly clear that the OP means "Windows" with an 's''

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
      Assuming (safely) that the OP means the Windows operating system, that leaves another question:

What version of Windows?  Since the OP did mention DVD, I can probably make an assumption (fairly safe) that it's Vista. 

@OP:

You need to go into your computer's BIOS and change the boot order so that the computer boots from the DVD-ROM drive first.  Every computer is different in this regard:

Dell computers require pressing F2 during startup to get into the BIOS.
      ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte motherboards require pressing Delete during startup.
      Others may require another "F" key (F1-F12), Tab, Esc, or Enter.

Once you're in the BIOS, you have to change the boot sequence.  Your hard drive might be listed first, which is why your computer is not booting from the DVD.  Move the DVD-ROM drive to the top of the list, save your changes, and try again.
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 06:22:12 AM »
      Nope....2.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 06:26:43 AM »
      argh. I cannot decide between the two numbers. 2 is twice what 1 is, but you can't have two without at least 1.this is gonna bug me for ages.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

sorrylove

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »
        This is not straight forward...what Window are you referring to? Are you talking about your background image on your desktop or what....not enough info...This can be perceived as a million different issues..  :-\
        Thank you for your replied, I got the advice from somebody,let me try that to see whether I can solve the problem. Thank you.

sorrylove

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »
          Assuming (safely) that the OP means the Windows operating system, that leaves another question:

What version of Windows?  Since the OP did mention DVD, I can probably make an assumption (fairly safe) that it's Vista. 

@OP:

You need to go into your computer's BIOS and change the boot order so that the computer boots from the DVD-ROM drive first.  Every computer is different in this regard:

Dell computers require pressing F2 during startup to get into the BIOS.
          ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte motherboards require pressing Delete during startup.
          Others may require another "F" key (F1-F12), Tab, Esc, or Enter.

Once you're in the BIOS, you have to change the boot sequence.  Your hard drive might be listed first, which is why your computer is not booting from the DVD.  Move the DVD-ROM drive to the top of the list, save your changes, and try again.
          Thanks for your advice, I am using windown XP. I try to do it. Thank you.