Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows microsoft office word 2007  (Read 3413 times)

loobyloo168

Topic Starter

Rookie

windows microsoft office word 2007
    « on: January 16, 2009, 06:06:38 AM »
    Hello,

We brought an ADVENT laptop as our Vaio blew up and i needed a new one for work. It came with vista but only a trial version of microsoft office word 2007.  Iv done all my paperwork for my bussiness on 2007 but the trial runs out at the end of the month and we cant afford to buy the full version just yet.  I noticed when i saved my last document that when i saved it acually comes up with a propmt that i think allows me to open it with other prorammes (like word) altough the documents may look a little different, but only if i checked the box, which i hadnt done with any of the other documents

Some of the documents are templates.

Is there anyway i can convert them so i can open them with word just until  i can afford the full version.

Any advice in simple terms pls as im a bit computer thick !!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: windows microsoft office word 2007
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:52:17 AM »
    You could DLoad and install Open Office which is Free...
    Once you have every document saved in their format it will be backwards compatible with Office '07 just in case...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: windows microsoft office word 2007
    « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:25:41 AM »
    OpenOffice will open normal Word 2007 files, but not Word 2007 templates (file format .dotx).  So, see whether you can either convert those templates to normal Word files, or save the templates as .docx, which is the format for older versions of Word, and which can be read by OpenOffice.