Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How reliable is microsft word created date on a document?  (Read 3335 times)

mason55

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

How reliable is microsft word created date on a document?
    « on: January 19, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »
    I am in a battle with our association. I own a condo in florida and shortly after buying it the board changed the rental rule. They did so without 2 week notice to owners so we were unable to speak. The board president is what we call a dictator(his way or take highway). We had a hearing and he and one other person stated that they gave the 2 week notice sent out and posted on Sept 6. I was able to examine the computer records and microsoft word shows the created date as being Sept 16. How reliable is this?
     My wife and I have been made out to be liars by him. Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: How reliable is microsft word created date on a document?
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:05:11 AM »
    As long as the system Date/Time was not changed on the machine it was created on the timestamp is accurate...
    This however can be done fairly easily...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »
    I have always wondered about this....because if it was re-saved somewhere new on a particular date, wouldn't the windows time stamp change, because that particular document was made at a different date?

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:58:54 PM »
    I have always wondered about this....because if it was re-saved somewhere new on a particular date, wouldn't the windows time stamp change, because that particular document was made at a different date?
    The time stamp changes if it was an actual timestamp... if you just put the date in, say:
    01/20/2009
    It wont change itself, you have to put a timestamp in specifically.