Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pc is acting funny after a hard crash  (Read 2111 times)

Echo

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Addicted to online games
    • Experience: Beginner
    Pc is acting funny after a hard crash
    « on: January 19, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »
    I dont expect a intelligent answer because i cant give you an intelligent question at the moment. I was playing an mmorpg and out of the blue i crashed to the desktop..that has never happened to me before.  I was on ventrilo and i crashed out of ventrilo as well. I tried getting back into ventrilo and for about 15 mins I wasnt able to. When i did get back in all my sound settings were gone. I fixed my sound setting then went back in game..about 5 mins later i crashed again and briefly saw a blue screen. I have scanned and defraged and there is nothing wrong... my programs say. Today when i got on and the pc booted up to the desk top I got a message that said something like the registery has been changed and my system used a back up to restore the registry and that it was successful. The  pc is just not acting like it did...something is wrong...and I have no idea where to start to look. Do you?
    I am so sorry for being so vague, I usually come here with enough info for you but this time Im at a loss.
    Computer: Windows 7 ultimate/SP3,/680i lite Sli mobo/512MB DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX/  (2GB kit (1GB x 2 Balistix 240-pin DIMM (ALIENWARE) (12/10 new hd)-seagate barracuda 7200.2 1 TB -7200rpm 32mbcache sata 3.0gb 3.5 Internal harddrive

spacecat9

Beginner

• Hardware Guru
      Re: Pc is acting funny after a hard crash
      « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:25:51 PM »
      do system restore and see if that fixes it heres how.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

follow the link above..
      :)
      Hope all goes well.

Spacecat9 :)

Greggaz

Rookie

Re: Pc is acting funny after a hard crash
        « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:47:55 AM »
        System Restore Will Help , If not you could Try Full System Restore (( Resetting to factory Settings ))