Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows vista not detecting my hard disk or my hard disk is damaged?  (Read 2912 times)

jeger

okay... i am using pentium d 2.8 with 2gb ddr2 in my pc. my motherboard is ecs p965t-a v1.0b. i have 3 hard disk, one ide interface 80gb which i used for installing my windows vista and programs exclussively. and 2 sata 250 and 160 gb. i was using asus for my video card before with 128 mb memory. and i then i changed it to nvidia geforce 7300 256 mb. fe days after installing my new video card, windows started to boot slowly and sometimes even takes an hour. so i thought the windows was damaged so i tried reinstalling it and it works okay again. but after a few days again it started to boot slowly. so i was thinking that something is wrong with my video card but is not. i noticed that in "computer", my other sata hard disk does not appear.. but sometimes it would appear and dissapear again. sometimes i can open it but sometimes not. so i am getting confused if my hard disk is damaged or not. my hard disk is seagat 7200 rpm. i need your help guys and i hope this will be solved. thanks alot!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows vista not detecting my hard disk or my hard disk is damaged?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »
Well that paragraph was hard to read...
Double check all your connections to the drives.
You say you thought there was trouble with the vis card " but it's not "...how did you determine this ? ?
Have you checked your system operating temps ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "