Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help.....computer only can run in safe mode but not normal mode  (Read 3009 times)

horsegrass

Topic Starter

as title stated...my computer only can run safe mode for a couple of days ago....after i press the power up button, it run normally until it reach the windows icon....after the windows icon...the screen turn black and soon it restart...

i have ran system restore and also tried to untick the startup items but it still doesnt work...

can anybody help me? i appreciate ur help very much thank you.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: need help.....computer only can run in safe mode but not normal mode
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:01:11 AM »
    Do you have Windows XP CD?

horsegrass

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »
      no, my windows cd lost to somewhere else....got any other alternative way to do except reformat?

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »
      Do you have any important data there?
      Do you have Recovery CDs?
      What brand, and model of the computer?

IamError

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 10:56:39 PM »
        Maybe its nothing to serious. Have you done the basic things before you attempt to format and re-install or run the recovery disc.

If i was you i would first boot up into safe mode, run disc cleanup, run disc defragmenter.

reboot into Safe mode with networking download AVG and CCleaner (crap cleaner) and finally grab a copy of spybot search and destroy install the three programs and update them, run ccleaner, run spybot and finally run avg.

Was anything found out of the ordinary if so where they all fixed up?

If there where alot of problems found i would then suggest trying a normal boot again and see what happens, if it hangs it maybe a driver issue, or registry issue, also what start up items did you untick? And whats still available?
        « Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:18:44 PM by IamError »

spiderlucci

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:38:52 PM »
        also, you can right click your HD - properties -Tools tab and you will see "error checking"  click the tab that says check now- put a check mark that says "Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors- click start. you will have to restart your PC and let the computer do its job.

also, go into safemode with Networking and update your antivirus and scan your PC and check for spyware.

it would be nice if you had your restore CD... contact the manufacture and order it. You may need it in the future.

good Luck!  ;D
        spider

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:58:51 PM by spiderlucci »