Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screens go yellow!  (Read 2507 times)

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Screens go yellow!
    « on: January 29, 2009, 09:15:22 AM »
    Two of my screens have turned yellow? a Samsung 17" monitor and a IBM 21" monitor which im typing on right now... why would my screens turn yellow?
    Kutless. Today I will be the World's biggest geek Tomorrow I will be your boss.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Screens go yellow!
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:34:42 AM »
    More info needed.  Are you running dual monitors?  Are talking about one computer here?  Did this change happen right after a startup or while you were using the computer?  I have a Samsung 17" monitor that has a feature called MagicBright; it's a special button on front that provides several different settings that affect color.  Have you made any changes using a feature such as MagicBright or the other settings on your monitors? 

Did you made a change to the driver for your display adapter just before this happened?  Anyone else been using your computer? 

Your OS?  Your video card?

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:01 AM »
      Yes.. Im running 3 monitor setup. The screen has a switch to go from one computer to another... I have a Custom Built computer with 2 EVGA Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS Graphics Cards. I have no software for the monitors besides Nvidia Software (that lets me have all 3 monitors run.).  I have not made once change to the monitor software wise or driver.  i just turned on my computer and the screen was yellow for no reason

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »
      So, you have two monitors connected to one card and one monitor connected to the other card, right?  Are the two monitors showing the yellow connected to the same card?

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:42:21 AM »
        No but i know if i hook up another screen to the graphics card i wont be yellow :)

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 10:51:26 AM »
          Found out why it turned yellow ... the cord is bad... when i found out that my 17" samsung was yellow i took out the vga cord and plugged into the other monitor VGA and then into my computer :) thx for your help anyways

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
          Glad to hear it's all sorted.  Thanks for the feedback.