Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard printignwrong characters and Sound proble  (Read 7091 times)

Tariq Roshan

Keyboard printignwrong characters and Sound proble
« on: June 05, 2004, 05:15:49 PM »
Hi Peeps,
I have just swapped my motherboard and processor.  I have a couple of questions, which could do with answers from some one more knowledgeable than I.

1. My new motherboard has onboard sound which is a lot better quality.  However my old sound/modem/game port card is taking over the sound.  How can I make sure the sound is supplied via the motherboard.

2. I am still using my old keyboard. But it does not print some of the symbols shown on the actual keys. I have tried switching various drivers but has not helped much. Most annoying is not being able to type the back slash(Bit crucial on a PC  :-).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tariq.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Keyboard printignwrong characters and Sound pr
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 08:53:17 PM »
    .....Re question 1...... go into the conrol panel and disable your plug in sound card. OR remove the card completely.

....Re 2.....Perhaps its time to replace the "old" keyboard.

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin

Re: Keyboard printignwrong characters and Sound pr
    « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 01:31:21 AM »
    or go into the bios setup and disable on board sound and the keybord issue is it set to the correct language?to check this out click the keyboard icon in the control panel...and what o/s is this..

suurshater

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Keyboard printignwrong characters and Sound proble
      « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:14:40 AM »
      2 service your keyboard by removing it from the computer & hittin it on your hand for a number of times to disable any partial contact in side it & connect it back on the computer then test it.if it still doesn't work cut the tip of your flex connector a little.pls be careful not to damage it.if it still doesn't work .CHANGE the keyboard & look for another one.
      1 Disable the sound through the control panel.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Keyboard printignwrong characters and Sound proble
      « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 06:41:17 AM »
      They left 12 years ago...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "