Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: installing a game  (Read 4992 times)

jonathon

installing a game
« on: April 22, 2005, 11:21:39 AM »
i keep trying to install command and conquer generals; zero hour, but it comes up with error 1305. it can't seem to read from a file that it is installing. i have managed to install it before, but it won't this time. i do have the original installed. is there any way to fix this, or do i have to get a new copy?

UsseryT

Re: installing a game
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 12:35:36 PM »
Hi there Jonathon. Sounds like to me you have a bad CD. Error 1305 is very common when the CD-ROM (or whatever you are using to read it) thinks the disk is corrupt. Try wiping your disk off to start. If that doesn't work, I would suggest burning the CD to a new CD or Copying the CD and running it from your harddrive. If you need assistance with any of the above let me know and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction. Let me know how it goes. If this doesn't work, I'll see what else I can do to help you out.

jonathon

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 04:22:57 PM »
disc is *censored* near brand new.

when i did have the game installed, it worked fine, however, i got al oad of viuses on the hard drive so i had to have it wiped and the os re-installed. the game manufacturers are also the worst in terms of copyright, i would need a lot of patches to get round this in order to copy the cd and it work. do you know anywhere i could get one which does not have any viruses as i cannot afford to have to do that again

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 04:48:55 PM »
The CD doesn't have the viruses.. It sounds like your computer has some corrupted files inside, blocking the installation... Also, have you contacted the game manufacturer for support?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

UsseryT

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 10:13:47 PM »
It is not against copyright terms to make another copy of the CD. It's against terms to give it to your friends, etc. You are allowed backup copies. You also don't need patches or anything of the such to make a copy. All you need is a program like Nero to make an image of the CD and then put that image onto a blank CD. They may have sent you a bad disk, you might have just got lucky and it installed correctly the first time. I've had it happen before. Also, like Flame stated, your computer could have corrupt files preventing you from installing correctly. Does it stop on the same file every time or a different file each time?

jonathon

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 08:54:26 AM »
same file every time.

i can't understand it we had the computer formatted to get rid of corrupted files, viruses, malware etc. i've done nothing different so far as installing goes, put cd in drive, cliked the install button on the autoplay screen, typed in the right code, made some cofee, and there was the message box, waiting for me, like a predator.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 12:28:19 AM »
    This will sound silly but I read in a microsoft help file that if installation problems were occuring to turn the disk 90 degrees in the cdrom. An out of balance thing. You never know...