Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost clusters on a Toshiba 1.3GB HDD (Satellite)  (Read 3031 times)

Raptor

Lost clusters on a Toshiba 1.3GB HDD (Satellite)
« on: April 24, 2005, 05:59:19 AM »
Is it safe to assume that the 2.5" HDD (1.3GB) has failed when it goes through 3 hours of trying to recover clusters during format?

I used fdisk to remove and create a new logical DOS drive and scandisk. Scandisk reported nothing out of the ordinary.

Neither helped.

I can not seem to obtain Toshiba hard disk drive testing utilities anywhere, they do not even seem to support the Satellite 210CT anymore - would anyone know where to obtain such software?

Computer_Commando

Re: Lost clusters on a Toshiba 1.3GB HDD (Satellit
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 01:06:11 PM »
1.  Is it safe to assume that the 2.5" HDD (1.3GB) has failed when it goes through 3 hours of trying to recover clusters during format?
2.  ...would anyone know where to obtain such software?

1.  Yes.
2.  Try one of the other manufacturer's software.  Sometimes they work.  Some software is written by 3rd party (i.e., Ontrack) and is generic and not specific.  You may have to search the web for an older version.  Toshiba online support is not too good.