Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Hard drive/bios is giving me a headache!!!

hard drive
1 (100%)
bios for xp
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: hard drive wont be recognised,is it the bios???  (Read 2713 times)

hubelly

hard drive wont be recognised,is it the bios???
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:25:08 AM »
I have bought a new hard drive that has a different connection to the one i have already installed! no prob went to my local pc man and got a bus port to connect with.I have set all these items up and what i get when booting up(bios is set to boot from cd and bootable windows cd in drawer) In big yellow letters i get the following......."If you want to install linux default partition raid driver,please do not use Oprom creation operation" Does this make any sense to you guys?? It then goes on to flash up the "E machine" logo to be followed by a flashing cusror!!!

I worry now that i have changed a setting in the bios and screwed it good HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLL PPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

ANY ADVICE IS TRULY APPRECIATED

Hubelly

Ps i have tried moving the connector to other bus ports but get the same deal???

Th other point though is that the original hard drive that i took out works fine in my external drive!!!????? When i used that on the desktop it started going into chkdsk straight off and would get to "part two of checking disk on c" it would then stay static on say 33%.I left it for 72 hrs but to no avail so that's why i think bios?

Thanks again Hubelly