Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power-up on Toshiba Satellite 4100XCDT  (Read 3380 times)

mjriley

Power-up on Toshiba Satellite 4100XCDT
« on: April 27, 2005, 02:12:23 PM »
Recently I dismantled my laptop to fix the power socket on the back. Having done a good job on that I assembled it only to find that it would not boot up and the only thing that does happens is the orange power L.E.D. at the front flashes.
I have read some information from Toshiba Technical Service & Support which states, and I quote :

"Toshiba Europe has identified that some notebooks manuafactured in January and February 2000 may have a fault that could prevent the notebook from starting up. This fault has been reported on some Celeron(tm) processor based Satellite 4090 systems operating at 400 MHz as well as Pentium(r) II processor based Satellite 4100 and Tecra 8000, operating at 400 MHz only.

Affected notebooks can no longer be started and the DC-IN LED at the front of the notebook blinks. Intel and Toshiba have developed the solution to this issue that has been implemented in manufacturing (Intel revised up the module to REV 505) and any affected notebooks can be repaired relatively easily."

End of quote.

If anyone can tell me what this repair solution is I would be very happy !!!

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 02:16:48 PM by mjriley »

Computer_Commando

Re: Power-up on Toshiba Satellite 4100XCDT
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 02:27:46 PM »
You eliminated the most important part of the quote:

"Notebooks with the potential to show the no boot issue would be in a serial number range starting with “10” or “20”. The serial number can be found on the silver product ID label on the base of the unit.

Please contact your local Toshiba Service Partner for more Information"

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:27:38 PM »
recharge battery properly........now does it show a green led..what caused you to under take this ......repair.

Michael Riley

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 07:26:13 PM »
I have tried fully charging the battery but still no luck.
Also when the mains adapter is plugged in and the battery is fully charged both LED's are green. As soon as I try to boot up the mains power LED starts flashing amber.

The fault is exactly as desrcibed by Toshiba Technical Service & Support. I should like to know what the modification was that must have been sent to all repair centres. Whether it works for me or not I still want to know.

Why did I undertake this repair ?  Because it's there, like Everest.