Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: component services plse  (Read 4926 times)

viropyro

component services plse
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
CRIKEY-hi there i bet you  are better off than me. my 50 buck bomb does or did run well windows xp pro 2002 2.0 ghz 512mb ram ( sys 32 )nvidia ge force 2mx/mx400ega/vga graphics card primary mstr maxtor 6e040lo  which came from a school never seen web sites untill know yet i have numerous probs and do not know where to start PLSE SAVE US! 1st up i was infomed to get driver update for video card no problem there ! 2nd up was updated with d/top maestro!! problem there is missing data map files,values,data keys, i have updates on auto and they have been updating often 5-10 times a day. yet it has updated to a piont of hopeful return . the device managers hardware tree has doubled in size and deactivated the original existing tree so some items in this tree are activated and some are not (AND there are little yellow icons covering sm bus- game controller and usb bus too but updates have allowed for extras so operations are operational. oh and windows SP1 pack is waiting patiently (vista) in add remove prog area as well.I have been unable to restore sys due to sys changes on device manager 5 days ago. i have also applied regeasy results total 508 probs  file path (161)empty registry keys(303)shared dlls(18)windows start up(10)and a few elsewhere I then employed the spy doctor 2 see  7 threats and 54 infections results are track cookies (29) adware advertise(10) spyware(bad sites) (10) timesink(10) TROJAN (3) adware mediamotor (1) I do think this could be due to winning competions that dont exist the popup blocker type YES it is installed NOW. THAT about sums it up 4 know at least . SO plleeeeze see if you may save us so we can save others yours truelly from down under CRIKEY where to start off plz looked in a lot of forums dictionaries ETC
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:30:14 AM by viropyro »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: component services plse
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »
Format and do a clean install.
Drop the Registry fixers.
Make sure you have all the proper drivers especially the MBoard drivers...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

viropyro

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:02:56 AM »
CRIKEY  thank you excellent result.its a definate bad result  as well bad luck 4 nvidia needs reinstall, standard dual chanel controller, lucent win modem, SM bus, PCI audio drive, Standard universal PCI to USB host x 3, Multimedia audio controller< plug and play monitor, printer port, samtron 76e/77e ALL ITEMS need hospitalisation. so i will go and compare what the hardware tree has  to disable.Originally the tree did not have some of these items. which then leads me 2 wonder if i disable and enable across the  tree will this cause any futher probs. my modem thats operating is a motorola, and i think samtron is a cpu screen? where as my dell is operating, therefore would your better judgement  allow operations to disable those that are not in operation or would the scan pick up this problem unsure what the stats are but the original tree was fully functionl .Bar the sm bus, what to do block or not?? thanx

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:23:40 AM »
DLoad  install and run Everest Home on that machine...you are either missing drivers or have incorrect ones installed.
Run an Everest report and save it as a text file...post the computer summary portion here...
Don't include the Debug info or anything after it.

viropyro

nvidia download how to
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:28:58 AM »
hi how r you CRIKEY i have not very much experience its all new 2 me plze help with how 2 replace nvidia driver  how 2 be gone with the old and insert the new thankyou

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:32 PM »
    viropyro, You need to stop asking how to do things until you do the things that patio is urging you to do.you could not be in better technical hands and if you soon don't start doing the things he says you will lose his guidance.So stop floundering around and do as he suggests.truenorth

viropyro

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »
    SORRY BUT THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT I HAVE NO LONGER ANY PATIENCE 6 HRS TO DO ONE THING THAT DOES,NT WORK FILE TO BIG TEXT ONLY CPU WILL GROW WINGS CHEERS 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
    Well good luck in life.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 05:47:15 PM »
    A bit of a shame actually...with the Everest Report we weren't that far off from a resolution of his many issues.
    Win some lose some.
              8)

ELVIROS

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 08:40:32 PM »
    WELL WELL IT SEEMS THAT THE VIROPYRO COULD NOT HANDLE THE HEAT MAYBE ELVIROS CAN?? WE WILL ATTEMPT TO TRY UNTILL OUR CPU IS SMILING ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE EVEREST AT HOME AND COMPLETE YET SEEMS TO BE VERY AWKWARD ATTACHING DUE 2 SIZABLE TXT INVOLVED STILL CAN ONLY TRY.. THIS 50 BUCK BOMB NEEDS COBWEB REMOVAL SO HERE WE GO !!

[attachment deleted by admin]

ELVIROS

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 08:59:27 PM »
    THIS IS THE PROBLEM EACH TIME I COME ON TO POST PAGE ONLY.LEFT BOTTOM STATES ERROR ON PAGE WHICH I BELIEVE IS PREVENTING ADD ONS (IDEAS??) HELP PLSE ALL ALONG I DID NOT REALISE ERROR ON PAGE CAUSING THE PROB
    « Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:22:51 PM by ELVIROS »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
    THAT'S NOT A GOOD PROBLEM. WHICH BROWSER YOU USE?

NO WAIT, NO SAY! START NEW TOPIC, WE CONTINUE THERE THIS CONVERSATION.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

ELVIROS

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 12:55:09 AM »
    ABSOLUTLY I'LL GRAB THE HAMMER4

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 01:46:37 AM »
    You're not going to get help if you keep using CAPS.

I haven't and refuse to read your posts because I can't read them properly.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 08:06:04 AM »
      Carbon. Whew! I thought maybe the rules of the English language had changed  and i would no longer be able to communicate.Pleased to see it is not just me. truenorth