Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cruzer Flash Drive not detecting  (Read 4896 times)

Bryson09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Cruzer Flash Drive not detecting
    « on: March 07, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »
    I have a Cruzer 1.0 GB Micro Scan Disk flash drive and Windows Vista.  The problem is that when I insert the flash drive into the USB port (I have tried different ports and one other computer with XP) the light will come on and then go off and the computer does not detect the drive. 

I did go to my computer and the disk manager, but the flash drive did not show up.

I am out of ideas, can anyone help?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 04:54:38 PM by Bryson09 »

chevronman

Beginner

Re: Cruzer Flash Drive not detecting
      « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »
      Did you try going to the cruzer web site and downloading the drivers for the device?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 03:08:15 PM »
      Does it work in any other machines ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

chevronman

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »
        In his opening statement he said he tried in another computer.

Bryson09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 03:14:19 PM »
          Did you try going to the cruzer web site and downloading the drivers for the device?

Thanks for the reply.  No, but it has worked on my computer before without any issues.  I have had it for about one year, this is the first issue I have had with it.  But I will try that.

Bryson09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 03:30:01 PM »
            I downloaded a driver for a Cruzer Micro and ran it.  However, the first step asks me to "Please insert a Sandisk compatible U3 driver" I inserted my flash drive, but it will not let me proceed. 

I believe that the driver to launch the flash drive was always on the flash drive its self. As it worked on my school's computer without having to install a driver from Cruzer.

chevronman

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 08:53:16 PM »
              Were you using the same os on the computers at school? Did you check in the device manager to see if there was a problem with the usb's?

Here is a link to sandisk. There are two different drivers for your cruzer one with u3 and one without.

http://www.sandisk.com/DriverDownload/index.asp

Bryson09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 09:41:21 PM »
                Were you using the same os on the computers at school? Did you check in the device manager to see if there was a problem with the usb's?

Here is a link to sandisk. There are two different drivers for your cruzer one with u3 and one without.

http://www.sandisk.com/DriverDownload/index.asp

Thanks again.  I checked the device manager, it says all the USB's are working properly.  The computer at school has XP as the os. I download the driver for a u3 flash drive, which is what I have.