Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer cannot print  (Read 1999 times)

johnha169

Topic Starter

Intermediate

printer cannot print
    « on: March 17, 2009, 03:39:17 AM »
    hi, there, i got a NEW lemark printer model X5070, it just cant use the black cartridge, everytimes i print stuff, it uses the colour cartridge, is that my setting problem hence the printer wont use the black cartridge in lieu of colour cartridge (printer software/program? shows that the black cartridge is full), currently using the plantium 4, 2G ram, win XP
    thanks in advance

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: printer cannot print
      « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 04:30:55 AM »
      Why don't you try to check the settings for your printer and see if you have made any changes that would make your printer to not print in black but in color.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:43:15 AM »
        Could be a defective cartridge or printer.  After checking out KP's advice I'd take it where I purchased it and have them check it out with a new black cartridge first...at their expense of course. ;D 

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »
          I am not familiar with any of the Lexmark printers. However it is quite common with new printers that a "tab" must be removed from the cartridges that come packaged with the printer before the cartridge will allow ink to flow.Was this required/done? truenorth

johnha169

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 02:08:19 AM »
            hi, there,
            to ale52 : the problem i purchased from oversea, it 's costly if i post to oversea? anyother idea that i could save some money
            To trueworth: what do you mean by "tab", is that the paper stick to the catridge, course of i did remove it
            thank you guys

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »
              johnha, Yes it sounds like the "tab" i referred to is the "paper Stick to the cartridge" that you did remove. The next suggestion i would make is to do a considerable number of head cleanings (one after another) between 7-10 and then try a print.Seeing as your colour printing seems to be OK you could select your print tests after you do the head cleanings to be only a "black" print so as to reduce the waste of your coloured ink cartridges. If after your head cleaning operations your black ink performance has not improved then as ale52 has suggested i would try another black ink cartridge.However if it is a new printer their tech support should be contacted (desireably by telephone) and the problem explained. In my experience with other printer manufacturers they usually arrange for repair/replacement of the printer with no cost to you (including free shipping).So you might want to try that option.truenorth