Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem Replacing LCD Inverter for Hp Pavilion Dv1000 Laptop  (Read 2210 times)

Saintly

Problem Replacing LCD Inverter for Hp Pavilion Dv1000 Laptop
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
Hi, I just replaced the LCD inverter on my dv1000 because my back light stopped working. I have a few problems...

I have to attempt to boot up my laptop multiple times before the lcd will finally turn on. When it finally turns on it makes a little high pitched noise...

Also, I noticed that the trim around the LCD where the new inverter was located seemed like it was getting really hot. I removed the lcd covering to investigate the inverter and I found that it was getting so hot it actually melted some of the plastic (heat or static shield??) around the chip.

Lastly (yes, theres more), the LCD will only even have a CHANCE of turning on if I have the ac power cord plugged into it. The LCD will not light up if the laptop is only running off the batteries...

Ahhh, this is very frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!