Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Restarts while playing Game  (Read 12413 times)

Lovely

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Computer Restarts while playing Game
    « on: March 18, 2009, 09:05:36 PM »
    Hey everyone,
    I wanted to know if anyone knows how to fix my problem. When I play my computer game for at least 10min my computer shut down and restarts. Can someone help me out with this problem? Thank you everyone  :-*

iamyourmom

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
      Re: Computer Restarts while playing Game
      « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »
      Hey everyone,
      I wanted to know if anyone knows how to fix my problem. When I play my computer game for at least 10min my computer shut down and restarts. Can someone help me out with this problem? Thank you everyone  :-*

Make sure your computer is well ventilated, by checking if the fans are running, also make sure that you have cleaned all the dust out. Download Hw Monitor and see if the temperatures are too high.

But the most pressing issue is to check ur CPU heatsink.
      Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

Lovely

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:12:48 PM »
        My computer is well ventilated  there is no cover on it took it out to see if it was getting hot. Its clean no dust either. The temperature on the motherboard is 35 on the CPU is 37. My cooling Fans are CPU- 3375 Chassis- 4821. I don't know if that is good or not. Also what is a CPU heatsink? ???

iamyourmom

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:27:34 AM »
          Also what is a CPU heatsink? ???

FAILED

Its the block of metal and fan on top of ur CPU.
          Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

KingPincer

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 04:35:27 AM »
            I agree with iamyourmom. Try to check the parts of your motherboard and see if they are free from dust, especially the video card this is sometimes the reason your computer restarts while in the middle of the game. This happens sometimes here in our computers in our shop while they are in a middle of a game let's say DOTA the pc will just restart. What you need to do is try cleaning your video card with a paint brush or something. Oh and btw im using a cleaner here its called WD-40 it stops squeaks, moisture, loosens rusted parts, and it frees sticky mechanisms.

kizza1645

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 04:51:01 AM »
            FAILED

Its the block of metal and fan on top of ur CPU.

no need for that, some other people don't know a lot about pc's.
            just give them a break, and let them learn...

iamyourmom

Intermediate

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 07:08:33 AM »
              no need for that, some other people don't know a lot about pc's.
              just give them a break, and let them learn...

I know. I'm sorry, just giving my customary response. and if i offended or belittled anyone, i apologize for it.

Lovely

Topic Starter

Rookie
                « Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 11:12:38 AM »
                So you think  my temperatures are good? I'm going to clean out everything today and I'm trying the game again and I'll let you know what happens thank u all so much  :-*

Lovely

Topic Starter

Rookie
                  « Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »
                  So I cleaned out everything took everything out and put it back temperatures are at 25 now. However i plugged in my cd-rom and it lights up and i see it spinning and i hear it running. but its telling me that i don't have a CD in my cd-rom. Does anyone know what went wrong?

iamyourmom

Intermediate

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 06:39:42 PM »

So, now the computer does not restart? But ur CD- drive is not functioning? Thats odd.  ???

Maybe you should try another CD drive, or maybe its an DVD that you put into the CD drive.  ::)

Lovely

Topic Starter

Rookie
                      « Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »
                      So everything is back to normal. I did a super cleaning and everything works. I started to play my game and it froze on me??? Maybe its the power supply???

kizza1645

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 05:02:11 AM »
                      So everything is back to normal. I did a super cleaning and everything works. I started to play my game and it froze on me??? Maybe its the power supply???

It really depends, it could be not as such hardware related but maybe the actualy computer software and drivers arnt working correctly...

Make sure you have the lastest drivers for your card.

Lovely

Topic Starter

Rookie
                        « Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »
                        I updated that also went into everest and found out what need to be done. so that is done. my supply power is a 200 w do you think i need a new one?

iamyourmom

Intermediate

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 08:12:34 PM »
                          Well, that could be the problem, and it depends on the hardware requirements. Post ur hardware specs on

kizza1645

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 02:23:25 AM »
                          I updated that also went into everest and found out what need to be done. so that is done. my supply power is a 200 w do you think i need a new one?

Could be PSU, too small?