Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: buying advice  (Read 2097 times)

h1n4t4

buying advice
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »
i'm shopping around for a portable computer. i've done some searching and i have taken a liking for the netbooks specifically the asus eee pc 1000 HE.

i'm a university student. my major is in the social sciences and i dont use any program that needs alot of power.
my normal running programs would be ms word, ms excel, media player, messenger and firefox.

do u think the netbook is appropriate for me?

iamyourmom

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
    Re: buying advice
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »

i'm a university student. my major is in the social sciences and i dont use any program that needs alot of power.
    my normal running programs would be ms word, ms excel, media player, messenger and firefox.

do u think the netbook is appropriate for me?

indeed, netbooks are specifically made for work, especially for students. Asus 1000e is perfect for ms word and browsers.

I also use Netbooks, the Asus Eee PC 901, and it is perfect for school, because its light, and its long battery life allows me to use it for the entire day without having to bring the AC charger.
    Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: buying advice
    « Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:47:23 AM »
    There is an Acer unit in that price range...same size...more horsepower.
    If you are buying online i suggest going to a retailer to see your model firsthand once you get close to deciding...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "