Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virus messing w/my firewall?  (Read 3399 times)

omarvelous

Virus messing w/my firewall?
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:59:33 PM »
I recently downloaded a video that came w/a codecs.exe file to play said video.  After I double clicked on the file, it extracted the files and then restarted my computer.  However, after booting up, I keep getting a pop up in my system tray saying that no firewall is turned on and despite enabling it over and over, it keeps turning off w/the same pop up bubble.  Also, when looking @ my norton antivirus, the auto protect is off and the "enable" button does not respond.  Also, the email scanning option of norton has "error" next to it.  Did I download a virus?  Please help.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Virus messing w/my firewall?
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 11:16:35 PM »
    omarvelous......Doesn't sound good .....it certainly sounds as if you may have a virus........Before you push the panic button ......try this ( I'm assuming your Norton is up to date) Reboot into Safe mode......once in safe mode see if you can enable Nortons auto protect and run a full scan ........Let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.