Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound issue (skipping)  (Read 2346 times)

yourfateissealed

Topic Starter

Sound issue (skipping)
    « on: March 24, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
    Okay guys,

I'm a college student.  I bought my laptop roughly a year and a half ago when I started and have taken good care of it.  However, I've noticed that when I play music over the built-in speakers, it tends to skip and stutter at random parts in the songs.  It's usually okay with acoustic/slower music, but rap and rock are the worst.  I do NOT have this issue when I use headphones plugged in.  I've been playing more music over the speakers lately and am really starting to notice the issue.  It almost seems as if my processor can't keep up or something, as when it skips, it seems to be "thinking." Also, if I am typing when it "skips" my words lag behind.   I have all my virus software and such up-to-date, so that's not an issue.

Have any idea what my problem could be?  Is my hard drive too bogged down or something?  Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.  This is really starting to bother me.

If you need specs, let me know!

darhblader

Beginner
      Re: Sound issue (skipping)
      « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »
      hi. did you recently install anything or do anything around the time this happened or did it just start happening?

it does sound like a buffer problem (excuse the poor technical terms im not very good at remembering them)

specs would be good to have a look at.

also are you running many applications when playing music?