Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Another application is using this program"  (Read 2476 times)

MarieBoyer

"Another application is using this program"
« on: May 04, 2005, 02:09:19 PM »
Windows XP Pro
P4 3.2 ghz
1 gig RAM

I was using Printshop 20 to make a greeting card. I finished the project and closed the program. Later, I wanted to open the program again. I clicked the icon and got the above message (i.e., "another application is currently using this application"). I could not access the program as a result.

But nothing else was open. I did "control/alt/delete" to see if anything else was running. Nothing. (Note: if it matters, I had used photoshop elements earlier, but it was closed.)  

The only way I could get back into the program was to turn off the computer and reboot.

Can someone explain this one to me, and let me know how to fix it? Thanks very much in advance!!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 02:10:10 PM by MarieBoyer »

gussery

Re: "Another application is using this progra
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 02:28:32 PM »
It sounds like the program did not shut down properly.  It may not have been listed under Applications on Task Manager but I would bet it was listed under Processes.

If it was in fact under processes then you could have ended the process and not had to reboot.

If this continues, then you should contact support for the application.

MarieBoyer

Re: "Another application is using this progra
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 03:48:06 PM »
Okay.  Thank you very much.