Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista won't load on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5000 Laptop  (Read 6928 times)

jdlepage

Topic Starter

Starter

Vista won't load on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5000 Laptop
    « on: March 28, 2009, 11:02:57 AM »
    Good Day.

I have a Toshiba laptop that will not successfully load Vista.

It appeared to be working properly, until I ran an AVG virus scan. It was running slow, but okay for about 4 hours and I left it go.  When I returned to the unit, screen was on but dark, lights on and wouldn't 'wake up'.  Eventually powered off and has not been able to load to completion.  I do get the error screen with the option to repair the start up; I accept that option, but never get more than a on-but-dark screen; power is still on.

What next?  No Vista CD, just the key on the bottom of the unit.

Hope someone can help.

J

GlitchPC

Re: Vista won't load on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5000 Laptop
    « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »
    Can you boot into Safe Mode?  BIOS?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jdlepage

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Vista won't load on Toshiba Satellite A205-S5000 Laptop
      « Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »
      Tried starting in safe mode - several 'windows/system32/drivers' loaded, but then stopped at crcdisk.sys; after about a 2 minute stall, machine restarted and I got the Windows Error Recovery screen.  Two options here, starting in a repair mode and starting normally.  If I try to start normally, I eventually get a blue screen flash and then a reboot; if I try to start in repair mode, it goes to the never-ending on-but-dark screen. 

Don't understand the question on the bios.