Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop shutting down when screen is closed  (Read 2163 times)

zappa518

Topic Starter

Rookie

laptop shutting down when screen is closed
    « on: March 29, 2009, 04:37:02 PM »
    I have dell inspiron 1525 laptop. About 75% of the time I close the screen the it shutsdown and then opens up on the recovery screen. From that point it opens up fine. I checked power options and the computer is set to sleep when screen is closed. It also restarts when I shut it down from the start menu.
       Vista basic
        intel duo core 2 ghz
         4 gb ram

iamyourmom

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
      Re: laptop shutting down when screen is closed
      « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »
      Wow, go to power options and choose a NOT a power plan but check on the side, where it says "choose what does closing the lid do." then choose it to either "sleep" or "do nothing"

Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

zappa518

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »
        I already chose it to sleep but it still restarts and then opens up on the error recovery screen.

iamyourmom

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
          « Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »
          try another setting, such as "do nothing"
          Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?