Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Constant crackling from speakers.  (Read 2272 times)

djgodders

Constant crackling from speakers.
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:15:54 AM »
Hi I stumbled upon a topic from 2007 which relates to me but it wasn't resolved   :'(.
 I would therefore like to re-post the original which was :
"ok, it started two weeks ago, and wasn't very frequent. didn't do it when sound was playing (game, music, movie, etc.) but when speakers were on with nothing playing, they would start to crackle occasionally after a while. i thought it was just the speakers dying out, they're pretty old. anyway, i was just curious and i hooked up my roommates speakers and had the same problem. I downloaded new drivers for my sound card (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum) and it got worse. its now a constant static/crackling whether there's sound playing or not. I have no idea what is causing this and can't seem to find answers anywhere. I checked for virus, spyware, adware, etc. and nothing. thats probably not it anyway, but i got nothing. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated"
 The ONLY difference is that I have  the Audigy 2 ZS card.
 Please help!!! ???

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: Constant crackling from speakers.
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:38:49 AM »
    Try to use your cellphone close to the speaker and send a message to your friend and someone else, see what will happen to the speaker.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Constant crackling from speakers.
    « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:22:14 AM »
    I had a similar mystery- turned out to be mostly my wireless controller. the rest correlated with network activity, so I moved the NIC and sound card to reduce interference- dead silent now.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.