Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multimedia audio driver for Micron PC (Intel Motherboard D875PBZ)  (Read 27583 times)

zmeson

Topic Starter

I'm looking for an audio driver for the integrated audio on a Micron PC.  Micron is now bankrupt and their support website no longer exists. 

I've searched both the Intel and Analog Devices sites, but cannot find the driver for this board.  Can anyone help me find the correct driver?

The PCI Device Instance ID is:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_E0068086&REV_02\3&267A616A&0&FD

(This didn't help me very much either).

Thanks so much!

- Kevin

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Multimedia audio driver for Micron PC (Intel Motherboard D875PBZ)
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »
    Would you happen to have a model name of the Micron computer or any additional information or numbers on the computer?

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:54:04 PM »
    Did you look at this:
    Intel Desktop Board D875PBZ

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:07:02 PM »
    The reason I didn't specify which drivers exactly is because of my hope to get more specific drivers. But if you're wanting additional information from that PCI string. Below is what is pulled from that information.

VEN_8086 = Intel
    DEV_24D5 = multimedia audio device (codec AC97) SoundMAX or VIA

Personally I'd go for AC'97 drivers, if you can't identify more about this system: http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

zmeson

Topic Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 02:51:28 PM »
      Thanks guys for the help.  I really appreciate it!!!

Geek:
      Yes, I have looked at the Intel page "Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ".  The "latest drivers" link does not list audio drivers.  :(

Admin:
      The computer is an MPC Clientpro.
      Model: D875PBZ-0DYD
      Serial#: 3657702-0001

I've tried downloading and installing both the RealTek and Via AC'97 drivers.  The RealTek drivers crash Windows (even old versions -- the oldest I've tried is 3.64.  The newest I've tried is 4.06).  The Via drivers don't work with the hardware.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      « Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »
      The Intel site will not show the latest audio drivers because of the possibility of different audio chipsets (I believe). So it's going to be up to a third-party site in order to get the right drivers. Not knowing too much about the MPC brand lines I did a search for "MPC Clientpro and the D875PBZ" and came up with the MPC ClientPro 545, which led me to the same type of audio driver mentioned on the Intel site, which is: SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio Driver.

I was unable to find an exact download for any MPC computer so I had to find what I believe to be a generic driver. May want to give this link a try.

-Albert Einstein

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »
      Right, the Intel downloadss are a pain. But if you can identify you mobo exactly, you can often get the right driver.
      Look at this:
      http://tinyurl.com/64z6b2
      This gives a list of stuff for XP pro for that board.
      Look for :
      INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe
      This helps the OS identify the type and name of driver needed.

<Admin edit> Changed link to tinyurl so it works.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:57:58 AM by Computer Hope Admin »

xodusss

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 08:20:26 AM »
      The ClientPro series used several different audio configurations from model to model.
      Most common was the Realtec ac97 although versions differ from one model to the next. The MPC website closed down in March 2009, although the new support site is up and running at http://www.mpcdrivers.com

The ClientPro models are supported through the download link. All ClientPro models can be found under the "Base Units" link rather than the "desktops" link.

hometech

Starter

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »
        I have the same issue and Intel did not recognize my set ups. I couldn't navigate the recommended site to know what I am supposed to download for MultiMedia. Did the solutions above work for you? ???

hometech

Starter

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »
          I should add that my PC is a rebuilt Micron PC, but the sound card is a Compaq and worked for quite a while until yesterday. I did look in the bios and audio is not listed so I could not check if it was disabled.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Computer Hope
          « Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
          Hometech suggest starting a new thread since this an older issue and if you're using a different sound card it's likely the issue is not the same.
          -Albert Einstein

hometech

Starter

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »
            thx. replaced the card with another creative SB0200 and although all seems to be fine according to the checks, I still have no sound or audio. wondering about the motherboard, downloaded current drivers but no success even after new devices are recognized.