Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I would like an advice on which of the following to upgrade first please.  (Read 3079 times)

MasacruAlex

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Okay so i am willing to upgrade my processor and video card.There's one problem i can only get one at a time so the thing is that i don't know which one to get first.

I will post my current video card / processor details and then post the details of the processor/video card i'm willing to get , and please if someone can tell me which one should i replace first to get better fps in games .

Current : Processor :
    Intel Celeron 326
    Intel Celeron Cpu 2,53ghZ(overclocked to 3,02 ghZ)

Multiplier : x19
    Bus Speed : 160.00 mhZ
    Rated FSB : 640.00 mhZ

Cache :
    L1 data: 16KBytes
    L1 Trace:12Kuops
    Level 2 :256Kbytes

Current : Video card :
    Nvidia 7600 gs (256vram) i think that says it all.

Processor looking forward to get  : (I would say it would be much faster than what i have plus if i would overclock it , it should go to 3,5 ghZ or more)
    Intel Pentium 4 641 tray

TIP    Desktop
    Socket    775
    Nucleu    Cedar Mill
    Frecventa    3200 MHz
    FSB / HTT/ QPI    800 MHz
    Cache L2    2048 KB
    Technology    65 nm
    Consum    86 W
    Cooler    Nu
    Weight    300 g
    Others   Intel EM64T
    Hyper-Threading Technology
    Execute Disable Bit

Video Card willing to get :
    http://www.cel.ro/placi-video/placa-video-his-ati-radeon-hd2600xt-512mb-gddr3-128bit-agp-l/ (I might get this but it's not in their stock atm , i asked them if it's possible to command it and get it , but at a later time)
     (In case i won't be able the above one) I will get this one
    http://www.cel.ro/placi-video/placa-video-powercolor-radeon-hd3650-512mb-gddr2-128bit-agp-l/

Please advice me what to upgrade first : The video card or the processor(which one would give me better fps in games) (don't tell me to get a new pc).

Custom-IT

Beginner

Well, if you're gonna get a new processor, you're going to need another motherboard too really...

I'd definately get a graphics card first in your position, although i'd be looking to set my sights a bit higher than 2600xt or a 3650 otherwise you wont see much improvement in performance anyway... Perhaps a 3870?
      Custom I.T. Computer Services
      www.custom-it.co.uk

MasacruAlex

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

That processor fits the motherboard ; i checked the motherboard info , i think the 3870 is not for agp , anyway thx

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        Save your money for a new machine...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "